The online application cycle for Fall 2019 will be open from September 1st until October 15th, 2019. Please fill out the application form.
Students interested in applying to the School of Communication Studies (COMS) are encouraged to read the information on this website. If there are specific questions that are unanswered after reviewing this website, please make an appointment to meet with Dr. Jerry Miller, Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies. Appointments are scheduled by speaking with Krissy McKinley in Schoonover Center 421 or by calling 740-593-4842.
Students interested in applying to the School of Communication Studies during the fall application cycle are encouraged to attend a Transfer Information Session:
- Tuesday’s, September 10th, 17th, 24th, October 1st, 8th, and 15th
- 9:00-10:00am in 424 Schoonover Center
- Thursday’s, September 12th, 19th, 26th, October 3rd, and 10th
- 3:30-4:30pm in 424 Schoonover Center
The School of Communication Studies reviews applications as follows:
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and at least 14 semester hours for consideration (applying with the minimum does not guarantee acceptance);
- The online application form is open from September 1 to October 15 (and February 1 to March 14) – The application includes the submission of a 300 word essay explaining why the applicant wants to become a COMS major AND what the COMS major can provide;
- Students who are in their first semester may apply for admission if they will have earned at least 14 hours of coursework by the end of the semester in which they applied;
- Transfer students from another university must abide by the policies spelled out in the “Undergraduate Admissions” page at the beginning of the current university catalog.
University policy requires that processing the paperwork to change programs takes place only within the first 15 days of each semester, regardless of the application date.